Knee joint is one of the significant joints in our body. A healthy knee joint is responsible for supporting weight of the body and enabling an individual to perform routine tasks like walking, standing, and sitting. Knee fractures, ligaments tears, and sprains may lead to intense pain and disability. Knee replacement is a surgical intervention which is used to treat deteriorated condition of knee joint. It involves implanting a prosthetic joint in place of old knee joint to improve stability and range of motion. Generally, surgeons advice this joint surgery when joint pain starts deteriorating patient’s quality of life.
Five Facts about Knee Replacement Surgery
The following points exhibit some important facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Severe Knee Injury May Lead To Joint Deterioration – Any trauma to knee may adversely affect its functionality over a period of time. The ligaments may become weak and cartilage may wear out eventually. Such scenario is mostly observed with athletes who continuously twist and turn knee joint while playing sports. Therefore, one should be careful while playing sports or performing high-impact activities to retain a healthy knee condition for a longer time.
- Surgery Is Not The Only Treatment Option – A total knee replacement surgery is not the only option for treating knee joint pain. Sometimes, patients may get relief from non-surgical treatment procedures like painkillers, ointments, and physical therapy. Patients may opt for a minimally invasive surgical method for knee pain like a partial knee replacement which involves removing only the impaired portion rather than replacing the entire knee.
- Knee Replacement Can Provide Long-Term Outcomes – Osteoarthritis disorder is the most common reason for knee pain. It can interfere with basic activities like climbing stairs, walking or merely sitting. In such instances, patients may try essential drugs and medications for several weeks. If it fails to provide relief then, they may opt for a knee replacement procedure to get best beneficial outcomes for a long-term.
- Weight Loss And Exercise Can Significantly Minimize Knee Pain – Being overweight can be problematic for the knee joint. It may put unnecessary stress on the knee joints leading to weakening of muscles around the knees. It has been observed that obese patients are more likely to develop serious knee joint issues and require knee surgery. One should stay fit to overcome any type of knee joint problems and for maintaining good health.
- Recovery Following A Knee Replacement – Recovery totally depends on patient’s behavior and actions. Patients are expected to quit the habit of smoking as it can delay the wound healing process. In addition to this, they should take all the medications given by surgeons to get relief from the knee joint pain and inflammation. It would not be wrong to say that patients who follow all the instructions of surgeons and attend follow-up sessions regularly heal at a faster pace than the others.
It is essential for a patient to select a well-experienced orthopedic surgeon for getting desired results. Indian surgeons are known to render beneficial outcomes following a knee replacement surgery. Furthermore, knee replacement surgery cost in India is also very affordable. Therefore, international patients seeking a high-quality as well as cost-effective knee treatment may opt for knee replacement surgery in India.
You can send your queries at: email@example.com & https://travcure.com/contact-us/