In this particular surgical procedure, doctors use specialized instruments to reach the spine through small incisions. Minimally invasive spine surgery is for treating spine problems causing minimum or almost no injury to muscles in the spine. It also helps surgeons to specifically examine and see where the problem exists within the spine. Other advantages of this back spine surgery includes smaller incisions, less bleeding and shorter stays at the hospital.
Why Undergo Spine Surgery?
When non-surgical treatments like pain medications, physical therapy and rest are not putting an end to back pain, back surgery is required. Many people suffering from painful spine conditions are not aware that back surgery does not necessarily have to be a very long, quite invasive and painful process. Minimally invasive spine surgery is a much better option than opting for traditional open-back surgery, and many orthopedic surgeons are now using advanced, minimally invasive techniques to bring their patients much-needed pain relief. Vertebral bones and spinal joints relieve pressure that is applied to spinal nerves which is mostly a result of conditions such as herniated discs, scoliosis or spinal tumors and spinal instability.
Two Main Goals of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Decompression: To take pressure off the spinal cord or nerve roots. This pressure can cause pinched nerves and pain. Goal of this procedure is to relieve the pressure and to minimize pain.
- Stabilization: Abnormal movement causes pain. When this happens, a surgery is required to ease the pain. This is a spine fusion, which is done with instrumentation.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
It is not only a smart way to treat back pain. This type of back spine surgery is faster, safer and requires lesser recovery time. Potential benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery are as follows.
- Minimal blood loss
- Reduced risk of muscle damage since less or no cutting of muscle is required
- Lesser risk of infection and post-operative pain
- Does not cause harm to muscles and soft tissues
- No need of using pain killers to reduce pain after surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery can be done in one day with little recovery time.
- It prevents complications that are usually associated with prolonged bed rest.
Affordable Spine Surgery in India
Medical Tourism in India is growing rapidly. Inexpensive medical treatments and excellent quality health care services are the motivating factors for medical tourists and patients who want to avail medical services in India. Spine surgery cost in India is significantly lower compared to other developed countries in the world. In addition to this, world class medical treatments are offered at an affordable cost. Choosing India as your medical destination is great value for your money indeed.