Ratio of Kenyan patients dying from cardiovascular or heart diseases every year has increased considerably over past few years. In fact, ‘World Health Organization’ (WHO) has stated that heart diseases have become the top-most cause of health degeneration in this country. Main reason behind development of heart diseases among Kenyans is poor eating habits, obesity and an inactive lifestyle. Unavailability of fully furnished hospitals and well-qualified cardiac surgeons also play a key role in increasing number of deaths in Kenya. Healthcare experts have further warned that this ratio may increase in upcoming years if people in Kenya will not take proper measures and adopt a healthy way of living.
Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass graft or CABG surgery is an effective method for treating severe heart diseases such as coronary artery disease and angina. Doctors usually recommend this surgery when medications fail to improve patient’s health status. Patients who smoke may need to quit their habit for attaining good outcomes following their minimally invasive CABG surgery. In addition to this, respective cardiologists may prescribe some medicines to them for improving their general condition prior to their minimally CABG surgery. Minimally invasive CABG surgery will involve the following steps.
- Anesthesia – A medical team of experts will give general anesthesia to patients in order to make them asleep for reducing discomfort. They may also provide them some medicines that will help in maintaining desired heartbeat rate during the operation.
- Making Incisions – At first, doctors will make 3 to 5 inches of incision around left region of patient’s chest. It will help them in reaching to their heart.
- Healthy Artery – Once incisions are made, doctors will remove a small portion of patient’s rib from the front end in order to access the blocked trouble-causing artery. They will take another healthy artery, which is most often referred to as ‘internal mammary artery’ and attach it with the blocked artery. It will help in increasing the flow of restricted blood from patient’s heart.
- Attaching Artery and Closing the Incisions – They will carefully connect the new artery with the blocked one with the help of medical sutures and close the incisions.
- Recovery – Risks associated with this CABG surgery are extremely less. Patients will need to follow doctor’s instructions for fast and smooth recovery.
Avail Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery in India
India is a renowned heart or cardiac care destination across the world. Availability of multi-specialty hospitals that are equipped with best medical devices and cost-effective treatments have made India the most sorted medical tourism destination. Heart surgery cost in India is very economical as compared to Kenya. To be honest, heart surgery cost in India is nearly half of the prices that are charged by Kenyan hospitals. Even if heart surgery cost in India is less, hospitals in this country do not compromise with its quality. Cardiac surgeons follow international protocols for any kind of heart surgery including minimally invasive coronary artery bypass graft surgery in India. Therefore, Kenyan patients can rely on minimally invasive coronary artery bypass graft surgery in India and ensure positive outcomes.