Hip replacement surgery provides best beneficial results to patients struggling with severe hip joint disorders and conditions. Generally, patients who do not get relief from any conservative treatment method are advised to undergo a hip joint replacement. It helps stabilize the hip and significantly improve its flexibility and range of motion. According to recent studies, billions of patients are opting for this hip joint surgery every year due to its numerous advantages. Hip replacement surgery cost may vary depending on the type of material used for artificial joint and overall condition of patient.
How to Take Care of New Hip Joint Following Hip Replacement Surgery?
Recovery period is the most crucial time. Patients must keep in mind all the guidelines provided by respective surgeons. Orthopedic surgeons mostly recommend the enumerated steps for a successful recovery following a hip replacement surgery.
- Bathing Or Showering – Most patients are advised to use a chair for sitting during bathing. They should avoid bending downwards while bathing. They can take help of a caregiver for avoiding any kind of hip injury. Additionally, they should use elevated toilet seat to minimize the chances of hip dislocation.
- Getting Dressed – Patients must sit comfortably while dressing up. They should take care of their hip joint and strictly avoid bending, reach downwards, and cross the legs. It will be better if they ask someone from their family for assistance.
- Sitting Position – Patients should refrain from sitting in same position for a long time. They should change their sitting position every 40 – 50 minutes. They should avoid rocking chairs or soft sofas. Patients may take the support of crutches or walker while getting up from a sitting position. They should avoid using chairs which are very low for maintaining a stable hip joint.
- Using Stairs – Patients should be careful while getting up or down from stairs. Generally, orthopedic surgeons teach them the correct way to use stairs before they leave hospital after surgery. Many complications may arise during this routine activity. Therefore, patients should take help of care provider till the time they recover completely.
- Sleeping Position – Patients should refrain from sleeping on the side of the newly operated hip joint. They should use soft pillows in between legs to sleep without any discomfort. They should avoid reaching down to pull blankets.
- Walking – Patients should use walkers or similar supportive devices while walking. Patients should take small steps and try to walk slowly for avoiding any type of fracture, injury or hip pain post-surgery. They should ask for help while walking on wet or uneven grounds.
- Driving a Car – Patients should avoid cars with a low leveled seat. They should take breaks while driving and should refrain from driving continuously. Orthopedic surgeons usually do not allow patients to drive before they recover. Patients should drive only when doctors allow them.
Orthopedic surgeons will instruct the patients about everything in details. Patients should not hesitate to ask anything that they don’t understand. These simple steps will definitely help in speedy recovery and successful outcomes. You can send your queries at: email@example.com
Free Feel to contact us: https://travcure.com/contact-us/