Many women consider breasts as a hallmark of womanhood. Being diagnosed with breast cancer can be a life-changing moment for them. It may become difficult for them to stay stress-free if surgeons recommend a mastectomy or partial mastectomy procedure for curing cancer. Breast reconstruction is a surgical intervention which is performed to re-create breasts of patients who have undergone a breast-removal surgery to treat breast cancer. It is a ray of hope for many women who wish to have breasts following their treatment.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Reconstruction?
The given category of patients is considered to be good candidates for breast reconstruction surgery.
- Good Health Condition – Patients should be in an overall good health condition. Breast cancer patients must not have any additional chronic illness such as cardiovascular diseases and lung problems. Such medical issues can considerably increase the possibility of getting infection or blot clot problem following surgery.
- No Smoking – Smokers are ideally not considered as good candidates for breast reconstruction. Women who have a habit of smoking must quit it at the earliest. Otherwise, they may have to face problems after completion of breast reconstruction surgery.
- No Obesity – Obese women are not allowed to undergo a breast reconstruction surgery as it increases the risk of surgical failure.
Main Types of Breast Reconstruction
The following two are the main types of breast reconstruction procedures.
- Implant Reconstruction – An implant reconstruction procedure involves placing an artificial implant made up of either salt water or silicone gel to recreate a normal-appearing breast.
- Autologous or “Flap” Reconstruction – This type of breast reconstruction involves utilizing a tissue taken from patient’s body itself to reconstruct a breast. In most instances, tissues are taken from thigh area, belly, or back.
What Will The End Result Look Like?
Women must understand that they cannot get back their natural breasts. There will be a noticeable difference in the appearance of breasts. Patients must ask respective doctors to explain them everything in detail before commencing the surgery. They may also ask the doctors for photographs of their previous patients to clearly understand the differences between original and reconstructed breasts.
Key Advantages of Breast Reconstruction Surgery in India
Indian country offers top-class medical provisions and best breast cancer treatments and surgeries such as breast reconstruction surgery. Breast reconstruction surgery cost in India is extremely affordable as compared to other western nations like Australia and United Kingdom. International patients seeking hi-quality and cost-effective breast reconstruction surgery in India may consult health care centers for consultation and confirm their eligibility.
You can send your queries at: email@example.com & https://travcure.com/contact-us/