Breasts are one of the hallmarks of becoming a woman, an essential part of sexuality that makes a woman look beautiful in clothes & important for feeding little babies. Whatever is a woman’s age, orientation, sexual activity, or relationship status, losing a breast is a very mournful feeling for any woman. When a woman gets her breast removed due to dreadful medical procedures like mastectomy or lumpectomy, it may cause immense psychological & emotional harm to her. Such women can opt for breast reconstruction surgery. This is surgery which reconstructs the breast mound to meet the shape & size of another breast.
What is a Breast Reconstruction Surgery?
Breast reconstruction surgery is performed to restore one or both breasts to near natural appearance, natural shape, size and symmetry following lumpectomy, mastectomy, or any other trauma. This surgical intervention often comprises several surgical procedures executed in stages & can be performed either from start at the time of mastectomy or be deferred until a later date.
Breast reconstruction surgery usually falls into following two categories.
- Flap Reconstruction: Flap reconstruction involves patient’s own tissue from another portion of body utilized to build a new breast.
- Implant Reconstruction: Implant reconstruction uses breast implants to help build a breast mound.
The following factors should be taken into consideration while choosing an appropriate option.
- Patient’s body type
- Type of mastectomy
- Cancer treatments
If only one breast of the patient is affected, it alone can be reconstructed by surgery. In addition to this, a breast reduction, breast augmentation or breast lift surgery may also be recommended by surgeons for the opposite breast to enhance position & symmetry of both the breasts.
Breast reconstruction surgery is an extremely individualized procedure. One should undergo breast reconstruction if they personally feel & should never be done under the influence of anyone. Good candidates for breast reconstruction should fulfill the following terms.
- High Endurance – When a patient is able to cope well with their diagnosis & treatment.
- No Medical Conditions – When the patient does not have any medical condition or another type of illnesses which may impair recovery.
- Avoid Smoking – Smoking can highly affect speedy recovery. One should completely avoid smoking to get good results.
- Comfortable with Surgery – Surgical techniques may leave incision marks at the donor site, usually situated in less exposed portions of body such as the abdomen, back or buttocks.
- Realistic Goals – When a patient is mentally strong, has faith & realistic goals for restoring their breasts & body image. Breast reconstruction surgery can repair a breast but the results are highly variable in nature. New reconstructed breasts may not have a similar sensation like the breast it replaces.
Medical Tourism in India for Hi-Quality Breast Reconstruction Surgery
With world-wide recognition of India’s skill in the healthcare sector, medical tourism in India has taken giant strides in the past few decades. With affordable costs & international standards of medical care services, the healthcare industry in India is attracting patients from diverse & remote corners of the world. Travcure Medical Tourism is a trustworthy one-stop medical facilitator to serve global patients for a wide range of plastic surgeries in India. Great experience, expertise & association with a large number of qualified plastic surgeons & accredited hospitals in India make Travcure a leader in the field of healthcare tourism. Alongside offering best packages for plastic surgeries including breast reconstruction surgery, Travcure also arranges viable accommodations for international patients to recuperate well and enjoy their journey to India. Travcure is a name on which overseas guests can rely upon & make their breast reconstruction treatment in India, a satisfying holistic experience.
You can send your queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org & https://travcure.com/contact-us/